Component and structure reliability
Noise, vibration and fatigue studies are performed with engineering companies. Experimental trials (at the factory or on the field) are including equipment suppliers as well, in order to predict noise and vibration impact, manage the corresponding risks, characterize components and/or environnements. The main objective is to be cost effective by reducing uncertainties, failures or abnormal risks during the commissioning phase.
Despite all the precautions, situations are sometimes deemed unacceptable and troubleshooting survey is carried out to put risks under control in terms of noise and vibration. On another side, during field life, operators must increase productivity, systems and machines lifetime and the corresponding reliability while reducing maintenance cost and environmental impact. Permanently keeping the process under control (equipment, piping network, rotating machines), provides essential information about its usage, health status and possible limitation. Thus improving the knowledge to optimize it, prevent unavailability and accident by detecting, understanding and anticipating abnormal situations.
Customized solutions for the Oil & Gas industry
Based on a large experience in solving noise & vibration issues, expert know-how and a deep knowledge of the industrial needs, Metravib is actively supporting major actors in this field through innovation, development of solutions to help decision making and facilitate design phase. The objectives are oriented : durability and reliability of equipment and processes, extension of remaining useful lifetime, maintenance of facilities and reduction of the environmental footprint.
Metravib is developing skills and know-how implemented in decision making tools based on data engineering : measurements, physics based algorithms and Artificial intelligence to highlight keys information to help decision. Relying on Acoem Design office (mechanics, electronics, software development), Metravib can design and manufacture ready-to-use systems to meet various needs, typically:
- Noise and vibration improvements and mitigations solutions
- Usage monitoring solution applied to critical equipment (riser, piping network, rotating machine)
- Radiated noise monitoring solution
- Gas leak monitoring solution
- Specific or complex instrumentation solution
- Noise, Shock and/or vibration mitigation solutions
Design assistance for the Oil & Gas industry
For many years, Metravib assists engineering companies during the preliminary (FEED), detailed engineering phases (EPC) of all kinds of projects (new field or revamping, LNG, oil, offshore, onshore or subsea), acceptance tests (FAT) and commissioning phase around the world to keep noise and vibrations under control.
Using commercial or in-house tools approved by our clients, Metravib engineers can help you managing prediction, identification and correction of unacceptable situations from a noise & vibration perspective.
Risk assessment studies based on acoustic and/or vibration calculations on equipments or network of pipelines will focus on HSE or reliability requirements according to EI Guidelines or API standards. They can be performed by Metravib engineers located in different offices around the world or possibly integrated within your own project team for a dedicated period of time. This can also include methodological support to help you take into account noise and vibration impact from the design stage. Typical studies include:
- Noise Insulation
- Noise and/or Vibration Impact (HSE requirement)
- Mechanical reliability and durability
- Piping risk assessments and calculation (stress, AIV, FIV, pulsation,…)
- Underwater acoustic management (noise pollution reduction)
- Fatigue Analysis
- Test Specification
- Accelerated Testing
- Specific damping solutions
Troubleshooting & diagnostic for
the Oil and Gas industry
For more than 30 years, Metravib assists engineering companies, industrials and operators at different stages of their equipment/facility life cycle:
- During development projects for characterization, assessment or validation of dynamic behavior at the factory to ensure correlation with simulation, and supply experimental data to develop mitigation solutions if needed by using prediction tools
- During commissioning and start up stages, to measure “as built configurations” to ensure their compliance with requirements and manage interfaces with the rest of installation in real operating conditions
- During industrial exploitation, to identify and understand the dynamic behaviour of equipment, diagnose the increasing of noise and vibration or detect failures or cracks, then propose and supply mitigation solutions to address sustainably issues
Working in tight collaboration with industrial companies and relying on all safety certifications, ATEX powerful measurement tools and effective methodologies, Metravib team visits Oil and Gas facilities throughout the world, bringing to bear its know-how, instrumentation skills and measurements expertise to provide long-term support to stakeholders and resolve noise and vibration issues.